Monday, September 04, 2006

Entry One

Pretty obvious, presenting to all readers the first entry. Straight to the point, I have had this urge of writing on this particular characteristic of Singaporeans which has somewhat turned into a cliché, but nevertheless, still exists prominently in this land of immigrants. Do not mistake this as an insult or whatsoever negative comment.

It somewhat just makes this place Singapore.

But anyway... Bishan Community Library opened on the 2nd of September. Not a particularly beautiful date but it was pretty much a fish market, with total ignorance of the so called "library rules to keep it a conducive environment". I live a pretty short distance from the spectacular facility. I made my grand entrance in the afternoon and left after realizing the irony of the large signs of "KEEP QUIET". That concluded my first visit.

The second wasn’t of any much amazement anyway. I finally found a quiet spot, a room by the name of "The Quiet Reading Room". I proclaim it my favorite spot in the library. I indulged myself, for 4 hours in "Invisible Trade - High Class Sex in Singapore". I swear, there is so much liberation in Singapore. Sincerely. No sarcasm here. And yes, the sex industry in Singapore deserves respect. A lot of respect. =)

Back to the point. 4th September, today, my girlfriend attempted to make a fruitful trip to the library, in great hope of getting a table for the both of us, in greater hope of starting our preliminary examinations preparations. With lots of accumulated hope, she entered the library at 10am, opening time of the library. A GUST of students from a particular college flew past her and my dearest girl (with a very much petite physique) was shoved with pretty much force. In two blinks, no tables were left. Of course, we could blame in on the scarcity of tables in the library (or rather, an alternative excuse for this odd characteristics of Singaporeans).

Anyway, I am confident of Singapore's availability of study areas and yes, other than the ironic appearances of library rules, I am apparently pissed with such behavior of certain college students. Yes, that’s for my first post. My apologies for the abrupt ending but yes, hope you enjoyed reading my perspective on unique Singaporeans.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello!
really hope you stick to your "one entry per day", though i'm quite sure you will not.
:)
btw is that particular junior college also the "premier junior college in the bishan and angmokio district"?
:D

7:32 AM  
Blogger briteness said...

oh well. i have so far kept to my daily entry.

but to more serious matters, i would say i may find it hard to agree with your claim on the particular junior college.

12:54 PM  
Blogger briteness said...

my apologies. in my last comment

"i would say i may find it hard to agree with your claim on the particular junior college."

It should have been

"i would say i may find it hard NOT to agree with your claim on the particular junior college."

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, good job so far, just don't neglect your studies man. gogogo dude!

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home